Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Say whut?

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Say whut?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Say whut?

    I have no comment on these. Seller should learn how to spell Hertz though.

    Bass Horns for Ale, Western Electric JBL Altec Drivers - eBay (item 300388291899 end time Jan-25-10 09:44:59 PST)
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Say whut?

    Ha! I this case it looks like Hurtz rhymes with HVAC.

    I see duct work..... (30 grand worth)

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Say whut?

    While looking for something else, I saw that auction mentioned on another board. Someone was saying that the design didn't look correct to them. The 90 degree bends, for one, but something else too. Unfortunately, I don't recall what board it was....... it was a board I hadn't heard of before.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member DSauro's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink Re: Say whut?

    It does get cold in Provo this time of year.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Say whut?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Say whut?

    Hmm...perhaps a better product for the cold would be the "Loudspeaker and Space Heater"

    http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/sto...oudspeaker.pdf
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Say whut?

    I think this would sound incredible as long as it's powered by the Wattgate 381 Audio Grade Duplex Socket.....

  7. #7
    HB Super Moderator
    Say whut?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Say whut?

    He must do Heating and Air Conditioning as a Hobby and love the cardboard dampening.What in the world would you do with that.You can't even move around in the room no matter how good it could sound.The sofa and chairs must be right outside in the cold,so you need those giant ducts to heat the great outdoors.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Say whut?

    There is a big system like this in Cyprus. 4 way, IIRC. Buddy of mine delivered an amp there for the mids. The bass horns extend far outside the house - as they are straight.
    Ale or Goto drivers, I don't remember.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Say whut?

    I assume that room is dedicated to the horns and storage. The listening room is probably next to it. I've seen this guys auctions before...... always insanely priced. I suppose it's possible he ships overseas a lot, and if that's his target market the high prices would be fitting. I need to start a business like that........ well, I guess I am experimenting with it a bit. I've got an ebay auction running that I've opened up to international shipping. Hope I don't get burned.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Say whut?

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    You can't even move around in the room no matter how good it could sound.The sofa and chairs must be right outside in the cold,so you need those giant ducts to heat the great outdoors.

    I am willing to bet that he bought the house with the extra room for this , or it is a garage.....hence the bends. I was wondering what he damped the horns with. Gotta cousin & friends in the HVAC biz, gonna ask what something like this would maybe run in materials and diy labor minus the case(s) of beer.


    I have seen a few people who do this with large bass horns....I have yet to hear one, but am curious.


    -chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.